‘Tis the season to be TRAINING!

The 2013 Reebok Crossfit Games Open is just a few months away. In 2011 the Open saw 26,000 athletes register. In 2012 that number increased to almost 70,000. This year promises to be even bigger!!!

Registration for the Open will begin on January 30th. This years Open will run from March 6 – April 7th with athletes doing one workout per week for the 5 weeks of the Open. Athletes will compete to qualify for the Regionals (semi-finals) and will also get to see how they stack up against the rest of the world!

We will be running the Open workouts on Saturdays at Ultimate Crossfit during regular class times. You may also do (or repeat) the workout during regular Open Gym times. The Team Competition in the Open will be organized in the same fashion as last year. However, this year Ultimate Crossfit is going to try and field two teams to qualify for the Regionals. Team ORANGE and Team BLACK!!!

There is now a new Master’s Division in the Open: Men and Women ages 40-44. This is on top of the four age categories from last year: 45-49, 50-54, 55-59 and 60 Plus. So, no you are not too old to do this :)

There is some prize money included in this years Open: The top performance worldwide for men and women in each workout will win $2,013. To be eligible for the prize money, you must provide video of your workout.

If you are interested in trying out for one of  Ultimate Crossfit’s Regionals teams please email mike@ultimatecrossfit.com or jayme@ultimatecrossfit.com

**Registration doesn’t open until Jan 30. The official games site info is here.

Tags:

6 Responses to “”

1. Alex P
    January 2, 2013 at 8:46 am #

Mike, can you address how it will benefit Ultimate for every gym member sign up for the Open, even if he or she doesn’t plan on “trying out” for Team Orange or Team Black?

I’ve heard that gym participation is crucial, and I plan on signing up, but I’m not sure if everyone else does!

2. Chad
    January 2, 2013 at 11:40 am #

I’m interested in how the teams will be broken down…do tell!

3. Cagney
    January 3, 2013 at 8:14 am #

Well Chadwick had you come to the meeting you would know this. :P

4. Hirst
    January 5, 2013 at 11:42 am #

Besides being able to participate in a worldwide event with thousands and thousands of other athletes? I mean, that’s pretty exciting right!?! There will also be prizes awarded to the gym with the most members signed up to participate in the Open. I believe the winning gym gets 100 tickets to the Games and they get their affiliate fee waived for life!!! So that means we’ll have more money to spend on you guys :) Sign up is what I would say, it’s a great experience and you will learn a lot about yourself as an athlete.

5. Nancy Martin
    January 8, 2013 at 7:00 am #

OK. I didn’t come to the meeting either. And in my mind, I always tell myself that each workout is one step closer to regionals (not really thinking this is true; it’s just my own personal motivator, as I’d love to be able to compete at that level, although showing up and working as hard as I can is what I KNOW I can accomplish.)

So how do I sign up to help the gym with all of the great stuff?

6. Nancy Martin
    January 8, 2013 at 7:02 am #

OH. If one reads to the bottom of the page, you can see what to do. My bad.