After a brief hiatus, the nutrition blog is back, and going forward will be host to various nutrition and recipe goodies from our friends at modPALEO
This first post will be brief – I give you the highly sought after recipe for Paleo Crack, I mean, Unicorn Food
This is a super simple recipe that I adapted (but not much) from PaleOMG’s recipe for granola…and it is good!!
A few words of caution:
1) make sure your oven is set at 300 degrees, not 350
2) stir occasionally so it doesn’t burn
3) give some away to your friends, otherwise you will eat it all (that’s the magic of the unicorn)
Paleo Granola, aka “Unicorn Food”
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup coconut oil *I usually scale back to 1/3
- ½ cup raw honey *I usually scale back to 1/3
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 cup raisins (or other dried fruit)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (optional, but really good)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Add all ingredients (except raisins) to a large microwavable bowl
- Heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds to melt honey and oil and mix well.
- Place on a baking sheet (use parchment paper for easy clean up).
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, STIR every 5-10 min so it doesn’t burn.
- Mix in the raisins when you pull the sheet out of the oven.
- Let cool & enjoy