After years of being the classic yo-yo dieter, I finally had my “ah-ha moment” in October 2011! I realized that in order to be successful in reaching my fitness goal, I had to make a healthier commitment to my new lifestyle. So then I began the CrossFit Journey. Since joining CrossFit, my experience with the workouts has given me a new-found excitement and a welcome challenge. The camaraderie at the gym with the great trainers and fellow CrossFitters has provided me the needed support and encouragement. My CrossFit WODs and early morning runs with my Maltese Rocco have physically transformed me into the person I am today. The Paleo diet gave me the nutritional foundation to learn how to enjoy natural foods for optimal results and performance. Well, I’m excited to say, 100 pounds later, I’ve almost achieved my goal and look forward to my future as I continue to become my best fit self.

Name: LaSonya Williams
Crossfitting Since: July 2011
How Often: 4-5 times a week
Favorite Workout: Any WOD that motivates me to drive from Cornelius or Salisbury
Least Favorite: Anything Burpee J
Personal Crossfit Goal: Become my best fit self
Who at the gym you admire the most: All of the strong women participating in CF
Favorite Workout Jam: All things Hip Hop
Slogan for my t-shirt: “The pain of discipline is easier than the pain of regret”
Why Ultimate CrossFit: Ultimate has such a great group of people.  I really enjoy the WODs and there’s so much accommodation in the times for the classes offered.

Tags:

22 Responses to “”

1. Bridget
    April 17, 2012 at 9:49 pm #

Congratulations on your success LaSonya! I think YOU are one of the most motivating and hard working people in the gym!!! Keep up the great work!!!

2. Rodrick Harris
    April 17, 2012 at 10:28 pm #

To my big sister,or shall I say my much smaller sister.
    You have been such an inspiration to me on my weight,
    Loss journey, Just wanted to say congratulation on your,
    Weight loss. Love you!!!!
    P.s…. As we say here in Atlanta you look hot!!!!!!

3. BRuss
    April 17, 2012 at 11:37 pm #

Sonya- GREAT job!

4. Sonya
    April 18, 2012 at 7:04 am #

THANKS Bryan and Bridget!!

5. Jayme
    April 18, 2012 at 8:17 am #

Great job Sonya! Your determination and hard work is inspirational :)

6. Carter
    April 18, 2012 at 8:37 am #

Amazing. Absolutely amazing. Fantastic work, Sonya!

7. Eric C.
    April 18, 2012 at 9:02 am #

You look and are fabulous. Love seeing you hit that door with a smile and those workouts with fierce determination. You have a lot to be proud of and are a great model for many. NICE WORK!

8. Chelsea
    April 18, 2012 at 9:31 am #

Oh my gosh! I recognize the old photo from before I went to Florida last summer…I’ve probably seen you around the gym lately and not even recognized you! Great freakin work!

9. Hirst
    April 18, 2012 at 9:57 am #

Sonya = Amazing! I am so proud of you!!! “The pain of discipline is easier than the pain of regret” Love this!!! Keep moving forward girl.

10. Ellie
    April 18, 2012 at 11:52 am #

Sonya, you look great! And you always give it your all in the gym! You are truly an inspiration. I was just thinking about your story when you were flying by me while pushing the prowler stacked with weight!

11. Kathy J.
    April 18, 2012 at 4:19 pm #

Sonya, I’m VERY proud of you!!! Congratulations on your weight loss. You look totally awesome. Definitely my inspiration!!

12. Sonya
    April 18, 2012 at 5:26 pm #

Hi Everyone!!

A HUGE thanks to you all for posting such inspiring comments. I really appreciate all of the encouragement, high fives, and cheers you’ve given me as I, sometimes on the last leg, worked through WODs and surpassed old limits. :)

It has been a pleasure being a part of Ultimate CF and I’m so glad I had the opportunity to meet you all. I can’t wait to rock out the next WOD with you and achieve many more goals at Ultimate!

Thanks for sharing in my accomplishment!! :)

13. Jack M
    April 18, 2012 at 7:10 pm #

Great job Sonya…what a motivating story!!

14. Jaye
    April 18, 2012 at 10:38 pm #

Congratulations Sonya! It’s always great to see you working hard in the gym, and always with a smile on your face. Way to go!

15. Ashli
    April 18, 2012 at 11:48 pm #

Awesome!!! Awesome! Awesome!!! What a motivating story! You’re my new shero! You look great!!

16. Tonya
    April 19, 2012 at 11:38 am #

Sonya, you have so much of which to be proud. I, like Ellie, recall you blasting by me on the prowler, inspiring me to work harder that day.

17. Jesi
    April 19, 2012 at 2:19 pm #

Sonya – You are an inspiration to us all! Congratulations and you look GORGEOUS!!!!

18. Cheryl Good
    April 19, 2012 at 11:10 pm #

That’s awesome and very inspiring!!

19. LB
    April 22, 2012 at 1:55 pm #

All I can say is wow… Just such an inspiring job and shows you what hard work and determination can do! Thanks for letting us be a part of your journey, and we are really proud.

20. Patrice
    April 30, 2012 at 5:09 pm #

You look great! I’m so pround of you! Keep up the great work, your weight loss is such a AWESOME accomplishment!!!!

21. Whitney
    May 3, 2012 at 4:09 pm #

Sonya you’ve had an incredible journey and great results thanks to your commitment. You have a fantastic attitude and are always willing to take a note to improve your performance! I was so impressed with you weeks ago when we were doing the prowler. We’d all taken our turns and huffed and puffed through the weight. You quietly added ten pounds and made it look like nothing! Look at how strong you’ve gotten…way to be!

22. Clo
    May 11, 2012 at 5:30 am #

I am so proud of you and I guess I am next….lol lol I see all the activity that is involved and I see you had no choice but to get very lean and toned…keep it up I will follow you now….