Meet: JP Soto

When he’s not saving lives…

I have been doing CrossFit for almost a year now and can’t get enough of it! I can truly tell you I’m a CrossFit addict! I started doing CrossFit at the fire station a little over a year ago with one of my coworkers and almost immediately realized CrossFit was for me. When I started at Ultimate I didn’t know what to think… I was used to the “traditional gym” atmosphere, and this was nothing like it. The best and easiest way for me to tell you why I love crossfit so much is to pull it in bullet point, so here it is

Love that…
-All workouts are fast
-All workouts take EVERYTHING out of me
-CrossFit has make me feel healthier and stronger than ever
-At Ultimate CrossFit, unlike other gyms, you make a lot of friends that push you and help you to be better
-All the trainers are AWESOME! they push you to be the best you can be.
-That the gym is a big rugged box with no AC, no mirrors and lots of true athletes with good attitudes ready to give it their all.
-All the crazy, cool tall socks girls wear at the gym
-We have the coolest blog!

Name: JP Soto
CrossFitting since November 2009
How often: 5 times a week
Favorite workout: Angie
Least favorite: anything with burpees!!!
Personal CrossFit goal: Get Fran under 2:30 and win 2011 CrossFit games (haha just kidding)
Who at the gym you most admire: Anybody that truly cheers, pushes you and wants you to do your best in a workout despite how tired they are.
Favorite workout jam: Reggaeton (But we never have it =(…) or hip-hop
Slogan for my t-shirt: (On a tag) Made in CrossFit: Imported from Guatemala
90% Muscle
10% Fat
Wash after each workout
Dry in low heat
Size L

Why Ultimate? Not only the location is great, but I truly like everybody and everything! The gym is everything and all I need! Trainers are great and friendly and the people training are great too. I can say that I have made lots of new friends and hope to make many more!

Tags:

10 Responses to “Meet: JP Soto”

1. Bill Davis
    October 24, 2010 at 2:23 pm #

great testimonial JP, loved it.

2. pfab
    October 24, 2010 at 3:20 pm #

i love the 2nd to last bullet :)

3. Christa Ullstad
    October 24, 2010 at 7:39 pm #

Love the testimonial JP!!! I still remember my first time at Ultimate and I was terrified – you were the first person to greet me and make me feel welcome:) I’ll never forget that!

4. Bryan
    October 24, 2010 at 8:15 pm #

JP, I still remember the first couple of nights you came into the gym, so gung ho to hop into a work out and give it your all. You wanted so bad to try a muscle up. And now look at you, you’re knocking ‘em out like they’re nothing.

And don’t worry about your dislike of burpees. We’ll keep throwing them at you until you change your mind.

5. Hirst
    October 25, 2010 at 9:53 am #

J “THUNDER” P

You’re an animal!

6. jorge
    October 25, 2010 at 10:12 am #

Very creative….great testimonial my latino brother.

7. mish
    October 25, 2010 at 10:19 am #

Yay for JP!!!! The Handstand King! :)

8. Carter
    October 25, 2010 at 11:32 am #

One of my favorite athletes at Ultimate and one of the first people I met when I moved back to CLT about 6 months ago and there so many new faces. Always look forward to seein’ JP in the gym. Thanks for all you do for all of us, both in and out of the gym. Great athlete, soon-to-be great dad and a great member of our Ultimate CF community. Saaa-lute!

9. Nance
    October 26, 2010 at 8:34 am #

My favorite part was “All the trainers are AWESOME” … can we talk about that a bit more??? :P

You definitely have one of the best attitudes in the gym J.P. You’re always upbeat and positive and you go at every workout as hard as you can. Not to mention, I’ve benefited from your encouragement during some tough WODs myself.

What’s this about you not liking burpees? Your form is so perfect – especially once you get tired. ;)

We’re all very fortunate to have you on board Mr. J.P. See you in class!

10. Eric C.
    October 26, 2010 at 2:46 pm #

One of the many cool things about JP is his positive mental attitude. He never complains just smiles and keeps getting after it! Mi héroe!